Severe thunderstorms and heavy rain expected over parts of the mid-Mississippi and lower Ohio Valleys Saturday and Saturday night
The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a Moderate Risk of severe thunderstorms for Saturday and Saturday night across parts of the middle Mississippi and lower Ohio Valleys. Very large hail, strong wind gusts and a few tornadoes are expected in this area. Also, these storms could produce heavy rain that could lead to flash flooding, especially from central Indiana to southern Ohio.
23NM E Hyannis MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES S OF NEW ENGLAND WILL PROVIDE DRY WEATHER WITH SW
BREEZES THIS AFTERNOON. A WARM FRONT WILL MOVE NE ACROSS THE
WATERS SUN. A COLD FRONT THEN SWEEPS THROUGH THE WATERS TUE.
THERE WILL BE A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS SUN THROUGH
MON AND PERHAPS INTO TUE. THE FRONT WILL BE SLOW TO EXIT OFFSHORE
AND LINGER E OF THE MASSACHUSETTS COAST THROUGH FRI.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- This Afternoon SSW wind around 11 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 10 to 12 kt. Patchy fog after 5am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday S wind 14 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Patchy fog before 9am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night S wind 13 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 11pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday S wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 10am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind 11 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 6 to 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 5pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS. SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE