Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
23NM E Hyannis MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRES BUILDS ACROSS THE NORTHEAST WATERS TODAY
FOLLOWED BY A STRONG COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE TONIGHT. A BRISK WNW FLOW
DEVELOPS LATER TONIGHT INTO SUN...THEN EASING LATER MON AS HIGH PRES
BUILDS ACROSS NEW ENGLAND. HIGH PRES MOVES OFFSHORE TUE FOLLOWED BY
A FRONTAL PASSAGE LATE WED OR WED NIGHT.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming SW 11 to 16 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 27 kt. A slight chance of showers after 11pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday W wind 9 to 11 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 15 to 18 kt decreasing to 12 to 15 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday WNW wind 15 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind 9 to 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 5 to 9 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night S wind 9 to 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE