Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
23NM E Hyannis MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT WILL PUSH NORTH ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND TODAY. A
COLD FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS LATE TONIGHT AND EARLY TUE. STRONG LOW
PRES IS FORECAST TO LIFT N ALONG THE EAST COAST WED...TRACKING NEAR
THE 40N/70W BENCHMARK WED NIGHT. HIGH PRES BUILDS ACROSS THE WATERS
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today SSE wind 19 to 23 kt, with gusts as high as 39 kt. Showers, mainly before 11am. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 16 to 19 kt decreasing to 13 to 16 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 kt. A slight chance of showers before 3am. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind 8 to 13 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 3am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday NNW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming NE 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 16 to 19 kt becoming N after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 kt. Rain, mainly before 2am. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day W wind 13 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. A chance of showers before 10am. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind 8 to 11 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday WNW wind 11 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE