Chance of severe thunderstorms in the Plains on Friday
Scattered strong to severe storms will be possible from northeast Colorado and northwest Kansas into Nebraska Friday afternoon and evening, then overnight across portions of the central and northern Plains. Large hail and strong wind gusts will be the primary threats, although a tornado cannot be ruled out.
23NM E Hyannis MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES OVER QUEBEC WILL SLOWLY BUILD SOUTH OVER NEW ENGLAND
THROUGH THE WEEKEND TURNING WINDS NORTHEASTERLY. THE HIGH WILL
CONTINUE TO BUILD OVER NEW ENGLAND MON AND TUE THEN SHIFT SOUTH ON
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today ENE wind around 7 kt. A slight chance of showers between 9am and 11am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 6 to 8 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 10 to 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE