Pacific Front Will Bring Snow to Intermountain West, Northern Plains
A weather system moving into the Pacific Northwest will bring rain to coastal regions, along with snow to the Intermountain West and northern Plains into Thursday. Snowfall amounts will generally be light, though as much as 5-8 inches is possible in the higher elevations of the mountains. The system will also bring much colder air to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest beginning on Thurs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.82 in (1010.3 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°C (21°F)
- Visibility14 km
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63 Lon: -91.54 Elev: 650ft.
West Branch IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of drizzle, then a chance of rain, mainly after 3pm. Patchy fog before 11am, then Areas of fog after 1pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 2. Light north wind becoming east 10 to 15 km/h in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight Freezing rain likely. Areas of fog before midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around -3. North wind 15 to 20 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of a centimeter possible.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before noon. Cloudy, with a high near -2. North wind 20 to 25 km/h decreasing to 10 to 15 km/h in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Saturday A chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet after noon. Cloudy, with a high near -1. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around -6. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near -4. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18.
- Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -14.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -20.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Christmas Day Partly sunny, with a high near -2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cedar County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE