Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.72 in (1006.9 mb)
- Dewpoint4°C (40°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Iowa City Municipal Airport (KIOW)
Lat: 41.63°N Lon: 91.54°W Elev: 650ft.
West Branch IA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. North wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming northeast after midnight.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 8. Northeast wind 10 to 15 km/h increasing to 20 to 25 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 10pm. Low around -3. North wind 25 to 30 km/h, with gusts as high as 40 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 1.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 9.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 1.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 11.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 4.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cedar County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE