Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM SE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:53 am CDT Oct 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am CDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 8, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today S wind around 10 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 4pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight S wind around 15 kt. Showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday WNW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 1am. Waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 1pm. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE