Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
3NM NW Whiting IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:03 am CST Dec 18, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am CST Dec 18, 2014-6pm CST Dec 24, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today W wind 5 to 10 kt. Cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight WNW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE