A stalled frontal boundary and ample monsoonal moisture will lead to flash flood potential from the Great Basin to the Great Plains tonight and Tuesday
A stalled frontal boundary will set up along the southern and central Rockies for the next couple of days providing focus for showers and thunderstorms. In addition, ample monsoonal moisture will stream in across the southwest bringing enough moisture to introduce a flash flood threat from the Great Basin and Southwest eastward across the central and southern Rockies into the adjacent Plains.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM SE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:02 pm CDT Jul 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am CDT Jul 29, 2014-6pm CDT Aug 4, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W after midnight. Isolated showers before 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers before 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE