Severe thunderstorms will continue this evening and tonight
Strong storms with heavy rain, wind and hail will continue over Oklahoma, Arkansas and northeast Texas this evening and tonight. Strong storms are also expected from northeast Pennsylvania to Maine. More strong storms may impact the Idaho panhandle, eastern Washington State, western Montana and southwest Tennessee. Hot temperatures continue for the Great Basin, southern Arizona and Oregon.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM SE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:02 pm CDT Jul 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm CDT Jul 23, 2014-6pm CDT Jul 30, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Tonight N wind 10 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 5 to 7 ft. occasionally to 9ft.
- Thursday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNE in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WSW wind around 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE