Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM SE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:03 pm CST Mar 3, 2015
Forecast Valid: 11pm CST Mar 3, 2015-6pm CDT Mar 10, 2015
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Overnight WNW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday WNW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night W wind around 10 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSW wind 10 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
WAVES OMITTED DUE TO EXTENSIVE ICE COVERAGE.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE