Active pattern for the Pacific Northwest this week while a coastal low takes aim on the Northeast later this week
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall is forecast to bring 5 to 7 inches of rainfall, with localized heavier amounts, to the Pacific Northwest throughout the week. Across the higher mountain elevations, measurable snow is likely. The Northeast will also be the focus of showers and thunderstorms beginning mid-week as a coastal low meanders of the Mid-Atlantic coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
14NM SE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:02 am CDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am CDT Oct 21, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 27, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today N wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of showers before 1pm. Waves 5 to 6 ft. occasionally to 8ft.
- Tonight N wind 10 to 15 kt becoming E after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 6 ft subsiding to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. A chance of showers, mainly before 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE