The flash flooding threat will begin moving east out of the Plains into the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes on Thursday
Flash flooding will continue to be possible on Thursday but will begin moving out of the central and northern Plains. The area of concern will be the Upper Midwest edging into the the eastern Great Lakes region. 1 to 2 inches of rainfall will be possible into Friday.
14NM SE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:02 pm CDT Aug 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm CDT Aug 27, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 3, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Tonight ENE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday E wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night E wind around 10 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind around 10 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE