Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
3NM NW Whiting IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:54 pm CST Jan 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4pm CST Jan 27, 2015-6pm CST Feb 2, 2015
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- This Afternoon NNE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday S wind 10 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind 10 to 20 kt becoming SSW after midnight. A chance of rain after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW 15 to 20 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. A chance of rain and snow, mainly before noon. Waves 1 ft or less building to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 4 to 6 ft. occasionally to 8ft.
- Friday NNW wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 4 to 6 ft. occasionally to 8ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE