Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 15 mph
- Barometer29.68 in (1005.5 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79°N Lon: 87.75°W Elev: 612ft.
Chicago Midway Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Cloudy, with a high near 46. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Rain likely before 10pm, then rain and snow between 10pm and 1am, then snow after 1am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 24. Blustery, with a north northeast wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow likely with areas of blowing snow before 10am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 10am. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 21 by 11am. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. North wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE