Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest
A series of storm systems will bring several rounds of rain to the Pacific Northwest and northern California over the next several days. Heavy rain, high winds and thunderstorms are expected, especially along the coast. Meanwhile, rain and gusty winds will taper off across New England as the coastal low that has been affecting that area moves offshore.
8NM ESE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:02 am CDT Oct 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am CDT Oct 24, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 30, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE