Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ESE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:53 am CST Nov 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am CST Nov 24, 2014-6pm CST Nov 30, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Overnight SW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Occasional rain or drizzle. Areas of dense fog. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt increasing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Rain before 9am, then rain showers between 9am and noon, then snow after noon. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 15 to 20 kt. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind around 10 kt becoming S after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday S wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day WNW wind 15 to 20 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE