Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ESE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:02 am CDT Oct 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am CDT Oct 22, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 28, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 4 to 5 ft.
- Wednesday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SSW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Increasing clouds. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSW wind around 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WNW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE