Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ESE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:02 am CDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am CDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 8, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE