Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer29.74 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Sterling Rock Falls (KSQI)
Lat: 41.75°N Lon: 89.67°W Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain, possibly mixed with snow, becoming all snow after 1am. Low around 25. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 21 by 5pm. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers after 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Thursday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Wind chill values as low as zero.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Whiteside County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE