Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1036.1 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-1°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
4 Miles ENE Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northwest wind around 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -7. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 21 by 3am. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east northeast after midnight.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 22. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE