Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist and Breezy
- Wind SpeedN 21 G 30 mph
- Barometer29.75 in (1008.3 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79°N Lon: 87.75°W Elev: 612ft.
4 Miles NE Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow showers before 9am, then a chance for flurries before ending. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 24 by noon. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 37. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. South southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 43. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE