Severe weather possible for parts of central, northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central and northern Plains, from northeastern Nebraska across parts of eastern and northern South Dakota. Large hail will be the main risk, though a tornado or two is possible, as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM NE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:02 am CDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am CDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 6, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today N wind 10 to 15 kt. Areas of drizzle before 1pm. Waves 7 ft subsiding to 3 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday S wind around 10 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind around 10 kt becoming W after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely before 1am, then a chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind 15 to 20 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday W wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE