Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM NE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:03 pm CST Jan 25, 2015
Forecast Valid: 5pm CST Jan 25, 2015-6pm CST Feb 1, 2015
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Late Afternoon NE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of snow. Waves around 9 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 15 to 20 kt decreasing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. A chance of light snow before 9pm. Waves 9 ft subsiding to 5 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Winds could gust as high as 10 kt. A chance of snow, mainly after 3pm. Waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday S wind 5 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW 15 to 20 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Waves 1 ft or less building to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE