Threat of flash flooding continues on Sunday for Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West
High levels of moisture still remain in portions of the Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West on Sunday. This will continue the threat of locally heavy rainfall for one more day. Isolated locations could receive 1-2 inches of additional rainfall on Sunday. The areal coverage of these storms should be less than previous days.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM NE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:02 pm CDT Sep 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm CDT Sep 20, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 27, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Tonight WSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms between 1am and 4am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 15 to 20 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers after 7am. Waves 1 ft building to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 5 to 6 ft. occasionally to 8ft.
- Monday N wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 6 ft subsiding to 3 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE