Flash flooding possible for parts of Upper Midwest
A slow-moving weather system progressing from the northern Plains to the Great Lakes will bring excessive rainfall and a risk of flash flooding to portions of the Upper Midwest on Friday. The heaviest rainfall is expected from central Iowa northeastward across southeastern Minn. and into Wisc. Rainfall totals of 1-2 inches, with locally-higher amounts, are possible through Saturday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM NE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:02 pm CDT Aug 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm CDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 4, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- This Afternoon SSE wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight S wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2am. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday SSW wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day SW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE