Severe weather expected for Upper Midwest on Wednesday
A potent storm system will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to parts of the Upper Midwest on Wednesday and Wednesday night. Very large hail, damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and heavy rain are possible with these storms.
7NM NE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 11:02 pm CDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am CDT Sep 3, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 9, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind 15 to 20 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NNE in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE