Nor'easter to impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S. as a nor'easter continues to be forecast to move up the East Coast through early Thursday. This storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. These conditions are expected to impact Thanksgiving travel conditions on Wednesday.
7NM NE Chicago IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:02 am CST Nov 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am CST Nov 26, 2014-6pm CST Dec 2, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind 5 to 15 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of flurries. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day WNW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 10 to 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE