Contrasting Temperatures Across Much of the U.S. Ahead of a Strong Weekend Storm System.
On Friday, temperatures will be 15 to 20 degrees BELOW average for the Northern and Central Plains and 15 to 20 degrees ABOVE average for parts of the Lower and Middle Mississippi Valley into parts of the Tennessee and Ohio Valleys. But hang on; big changes are on the way this weekend!
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 7 mph
- Barometer29.84 in (1011.2 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / West Chicago, Dupage Airport (KDPA)
Lat: 41.93 Lon: -88.25 Elev: 758ft.
Chicago / West Chicago, Dupage Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain. Low around 33. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A chance of rain before noon, then a slight chance of freezing rain. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 30 by 5pm. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 27. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest after midnight.
- Saturday Freezing rain likely, possibly mixed with sleet before 3pm, then rain or freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night Rain before 9pm, then freezing rain between 9pm and midnight, then snow after midnight. Low around 29. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Snow, mainly before noon. High near 29. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday A slight chance of light snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Christmas Day A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for DuPage County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE