Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
- Wind SpeedVrbl 7 mph
- Barometer30.64 in (1039.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
6 Miles SE Lincolnwood IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 19. Northwest wind around 5 mph, with gusts as high as 10 mph.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 14. Calm wind becoming east northeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Low around 22. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE