Unsettled weather to continue today across the northern Plains and Midwest; severe weather possible Tuesday along Gulf Coast
Unsettled weather will continue today over the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest where wintry precipitation is forecast, with several inches of snow from South Dakota eastward into Minnesota and northern Michigan. A well-defined cold front will advance eastward with showers and storms developing along and ahead of it. Some storms along the Gulf Coast could become severe on Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM ESE Lincolnwood IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:03 pm CST Dec 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm CST Dec 22, 2014-6pm CST Dec 29, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Tonight ESE wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Rain, mainly before 5am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SSW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. A chance of rain, mainly before 9am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after midnight. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind 5 to 15 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. A chance of rain before noon, then snow likely, possibly mixed with rain between noon and 3pm, then snow likely after 3pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow before midnight. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day W wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSW wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSW wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSW wind around 15 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE