Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM SSE Evanston IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:02 pm CDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm CDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 7, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Tonight NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind around 10 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE