Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
7NM SSE Evanston IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:02 pm CDT Sep 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1pm CDT Sep 17, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 23, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- This Afternoon SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ESE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 10 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSW wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE