Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1024.9 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.98 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 658ft.
4 Miles SE Lincolnwood IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 30. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 9pm. Low around 26. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30. East northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west northwest after midnight.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow and sleet. Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE