While moderate snow winds down in the Northeast, heavy rainfall will develop across the Northwest
Moderate snow will begin tapering of throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the responsible coast low moves off eastern Canada by Friday morning. A weakening front will move into the Pacific Northwest Thanksgiving morning and dissipate bringing light to moderate rain to the Northwest Coast and parts of Northern California and elevation snow through Friday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SSE Evanston IL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:53 am CST Nov 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am CST Nov 27, 2014-6pm CST Dec 3, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Thanksgiving Day NW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 5 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE