Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1026.4 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.98 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 658ft.
Chicago O'Hare International Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, with a high near 22. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tonight Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -4. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 15. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming east northeast after midnight.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE