Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Windy
- Wind SpeedN 28 G 35 mph
- Barometer29.83 in (1010.6 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.98°N Lon: 87.9°W Elev: 658ft.
Chicago O'Hare International Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of flurries before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 22 by 5pm. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 12. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 36. South southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE