Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
- Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
- Barometer30.64 in (1038.9 mb)
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.98 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 658ft.
Chicago O'Hare International Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 18. Northwest wind around 5 mph, with gusts as high as 10 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 11. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Low around 22. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE