Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 11 km/h
- Barometer29.70 in (1006.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°C (31°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill2°C (35°F)
Current conditions at
Benton Harbor, Southwest Michigan Regional Airport (KBEH)
Lat: 42.14°N Lon: 86.44°W Elev: 643ft.
Benton Harbor MI
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain and sleet likely before midnight, then rain and snow likely, possibly mixed with sleet between midnight and 1am, then snow after 1am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around -5. Northeast wind 15 to 20 km/h increasing to 20 to 25 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 5 to 8 centimeters possible.
- Wednesday Snow with areas of blowing snow before 2pm, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow between 2pm and 5pm, then a slight chance of snow after 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around -9 by 5pm. Windy, with a north wind 35 to 40 km/h increasing to 45 to 50 km/h in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 70 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 7 centimeters possible.
- Wednesday Night Patchy blowing snow before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around -16. North wind 20 to 30 km/h decreasing to 5 to 15 km/h. Winds could gust as high as 50 km/h.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near -3. Wind chill values as low as -20. Breezy, with a south wind 5 to 15 km/h increasing to 25 to 35 km/h.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4. Southwest wind 25 to 30 km/h, with gusts as high as 40 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 7. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Berrien County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE