Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.69 in (1005.9 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicago Rockford International Airport (KRFD)
Lat: 42.21°N Lon: 89.1°W Elev: 733ft.
Chicago Rockford International Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. North wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday A 50 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow likely before 10pm, then snow. Low around 23. Blustery, with a north northeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 27. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Winnebago County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE