Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1028.2 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill0°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Rockford International Airport (KRFD)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -89.1 Elev: 733ft.
Chicago Rockford International Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -11. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -10. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 11. Calm wind becoming east northeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 26. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 21. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Winnebago County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE