Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedW 19 km/h
- Barometer30.21 in (1022.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-17°C (1°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-12°C (10°F)
Current conditions at
Boston, Logan International Airport (KBOS)
Lat: 42.38 Lon: -71.03 Elev: 20ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -9. Southwest wind 14 to 21 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2. West wind 23 to 27 km/h, with gusts as high as 50 km/h.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11. Northwest wind 11 to 16 km/h, with gusts as high as 35 km/h.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near -4. North wind 10 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 3am, then snow, possibly mixed with sleet between 3am and 5am, then freezing rain and sleet after 5am. Low around -5. East wind 14 to 19 km/h increasing to 21 to 26 km/h after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 cm possible.
- Sunday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after 10am. High near 1. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southeast Middlesex, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE