Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.71 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Independence Muni Airport (KIIB)
Lat: 42.45°N Lon: 91.95°W Elev: 978ft.
Independence Muni Airport IA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. North wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Tuesday A chance of rain before 4pm, then rain and snow. High near 39. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 7pm, then gradually ending. Low around 22. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buchanan County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE