Flash flooding possible across parts of central Plains and Upper Midwest
Heavy rain is forecast from the central Plains into the Upper Midwest and will bring a threat of flash flooding to these regions Thursday into Friday. The heaviest rain on Thursday is expected from northern Kansas across eastern Nebraska, Iowa and southeastern Minnesota into Wisconsin.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
48NM E Racine WI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:02 am CDT Aug 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am CDT Aug 28, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 3, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.2 INCHES OVER THE NORTHERN LAKES
WILL MOVE EAST TO NEW ENGLAND THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING. A TROUGH OF
LOW PRESSURE AVERAGING 29.7 INCHES OVER THE WESTERN PLAINS WILL
MOVE NORTHEAST TO MINNESOTA AND IOWA FRIDAY...THEN WILL
CONSOLIDATE INTO A LOW THAT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE NORTHERN LAKES
SATURDAY AFTERNOON. A WEAK TRAILING COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SOUTH
ACROSS THE LAKE SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. THIS FRONT WILL LIFT
BACK NORTH AS A WARM FRONT SUNDAY NIGHT...AS STRONGER LOW PRESSURE
MOVES ACROSS THE NORTHERN LAKES AND ONTARIO SUNDAY NIGHT AND
- Today E wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight ENE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SSE after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday S wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 3 ft.
- Friday Night S wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday SSW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 10 kt becoming W after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming S after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Labor Day SSW wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE