Tropical Storm Bertha moving through northeastern Caribbean
The National Hurricane Center is currently monitoring Tropical Storm Bertha as it moves through the northeastern Caribbean, with maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, with Bertha expected to pass near Puerto Rico on Saturday, before eventually curving to the north and northeast, away from the U.S. mainland.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
48NM E Racine WI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:02 pm CDT Aug 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm CDT Aug 1, 2014-6pm CDT Aug 8, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.9 INCHES EAST OF JAMES BAY WILL LIFT NORTHEAST
TONIGHT. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.1 INCHES DEVELOPS ACROSS THE
CENTRAL GREAT LAKES TONIGHT AND LINGERS THROUGH SATURDAY.
ANOTHER WEAK LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM OF 30.0 INCHES WILL PASS NORTH OF
LAKE SUPERIOR SUNDAY AND WILL TRAIL A WEAK COLD FRONT ACROSS THE
NORTHERN LAKES SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THIS FRONT WILL
CONTINUE TO SAG SOUTH AND LOSE DEFINITION MONDAY...WITH HIGH
PRESSURE OF 30.1 INCHES DEVELOPING MONDAY NIGHT. ANOTHER AREA OF
LOW PRESSURE OF 29.8 INCHES WILL DEVELOP OVER THE PLAINS BY MID TO
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Patchy fog. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE