Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 32 G 40 MPH
- Barometer29.66 in (1001.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-8°C (18°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Riverton, Riverton Regional Airport (KRIW)
Lat: 43.06194°N Lon: 108.44639°W Elev: 5525ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then snow. Low around -2. Windy, with a northwest wind 14 to 24 km/h becoming north 40 to 50 km/h. Winds could gust as high as 70 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Tuesday Snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain and snow. High near 4. Breezy, with a north wind 24 to 32 km/h, with gusts as high as 45 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 centimeters possible.
- Tuesday Night Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around -9. North wind 8 to 16 km/h becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Wednesday Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 7. South wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -7. South wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 11. South wind 6 to 11 km/h becoming light southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -4. North northeast wind around 10 km/h becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 11.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 9. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -3.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 12.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wind River Basin, WY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE