Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
8NM ENE Milwaukee WI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:38 pm CDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm CDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 9, 2014
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SSW wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10pm. Some of the storms could be severe. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Friday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7am, then a chance of showers between 7am and 1pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night N wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE