Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the Pacific Northwest through late Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM ENE Shorewood WI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:38 pm CST Dec 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm CST Dec 21, 2014-6pm CST Dec 28, 2014
- Late Afternoon S wind around 15 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow. Waves around 3 ft.
- Tonight S wind 10 to 15 kt. Cloudy. Waves around 3 ft.
- Monday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Periods of rain, mainly after noon. Patchy fog after noon. Waves 3 to 5 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Waves 3 to 5 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A chance of rain, mainly before noon. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow. Waves around 3 ft.
- Christmas Day WSW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE