Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ENE Milwaukee WI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:08 am CDT Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am CDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm CST Nov 6, 2014
- Today N wind around 30 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow showers before noon. Waves 10 to 12 ft.
- Tonight N wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow showers. Waves 10 ft subsiding to 6 ft.
- Saturday N wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 5 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tuesday W wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE