Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer29.73 in (1006.8 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Mason City Municipal Airport (KMCW)
Lat: 43.16°N Lon: 93.33°W Elev: 1194ft.
Mason City Municipal Airport IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 48. West northwest wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north northeast after midnight. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday A chance of rain before 10am, then rain and snow between 10am and 4pm, then snow likely after 4pm. High near 34. Breezy, with a north wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night Snow likely before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Wind chill values as low as 10. Blustery, with a north northwest wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. North northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 43. Breezy.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cerro Gordo County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE