Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedN 17 G 23 mph
- Barometer29.76 in
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Forest City Municipal Airport (KFXY)
Lat: 43.24°N Lon: 93.62°W Elev: 1230ft.
Forest City IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely before 1pm, then rain and snow. Steady temperature around 34. Breezy, with a north northeast wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of snow before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Wind chill values as low as 5. Windy, with a north northwest wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Scattered flurries between 7am and 1pm. Partly sunny, with a steady temperature around 21. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 19. Wind chill values as low as 5. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 44. Breezy.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hancock County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE