Wintry mix and snow from the western mountains to the southern Plains
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
3NM NNW Irondequoit NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:46 pm EST Feb 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 10pm EST Feb 27, 2015-6pm EST Mar 6, 2015
- Tonight WSW wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 7 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of snow after 5am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow, mainly after noon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt increasing to 16 to 21 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. A chance of snow showers, mainly before noon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday S wind 8 to 12 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 16 to 21 kt becoming SW after midnight. Rain, snow, and sleet. Waves 1 ft or less.
WAVES OMITTED DUE TO THE LAKE BEING MOSTLY ICE COVERED.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF ROCHESTER IS 34 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE