Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NNW Irondequoit NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:45 am EDT Nov 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am EDT Nov 1, 2014-6pm EST Nov 7, 2014
- Today NNE wind 15 to 18 kt. A chance for sprinkles, then a chance of rain after 1pm. Waves 5 to 6 ft.
- Tonight N wind 16 to 19 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves around 6 ft.
- Sunday N wind 18 to 20 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny. Waves 5 to 6 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 20 to 23 kt decreasing to 15 to 18 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 5 ft subsiding to 3 ft.
- Monday W wind around 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SSW wind 9 to 12 kt. A chance of showers after 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 13 kt. Showers likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday W wind 8 to 10 kt. A chance of showers. Waves around 1 ft.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF ROCHESTER IS 56 DEGREES...THE CENTRAL
LAKE ONTARIO BUOY WATER TEMPERATURE IS 54 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE