Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the northern Plains, from extreme south-central North Dakota into eastern South Dakota. Isolated severe thunderstorms capable of hail and locally-strong wind gusts are possible.
4NM NNW Irondequoit NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:33 pm EDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm EDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm EDT Oct 7, 2014
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 12 kt. A chance of showers, mainly between 2am and 3am. Waves 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Wednesday ENE wind 8 to 11 kt. A chance of showers before noon, then scattered sprinkles between noon and 2pm. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind around 8 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday SSE wind around 6 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSE wind 9 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSE wind 14 to 17 kt increasing to 17 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 3pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind 14 to 16 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Showers likely, mainly after 9pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind around 16 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less building to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 14 to 17 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 2 ft.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF ROCHESTER IS 63 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE