Winter Weather Impacting the Eastern U.S. Tuesday
Snow is falling from Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday . The fast moving system is creating swath of 2 to 7 inches of snow from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. Heavy Lake Effect snows will also impact the Lower Great Lakes into later this week, with up to two feet of accumulation.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 16 G 22 mph
- Barometer30.09 in
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-8°F (-22°C)
Current conditions at
Forest City Municipal Airport (KFXY)
Lat: 43.24 Lon: -93.62 Elev: 1230ft.
Forest City IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Patchy blowing snow before 5pm, then a slight chance of snow after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Tonight Snow before 3am, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow between 3am and 5am. Low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -20. Windy, with a light and variable wind becoming north northwest 16 to 21 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Wednesday Areas of blowing snow before 9am. Sunny and cold, with a high near 4. Wind chill values as low as -25. North northwest wind 6 to 15 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 7 by 5am. Wind chill values as low as -15. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 17.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Sunday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 9.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Winnebago County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE