Pacific Front Will Bring Snow to Intermountain West, Northern Plains
A weather system moving into the Pacific Northwest will bring rain to coastal regions, along with snow to the Intermountain West and northern Plains into Thursday. Snowfall amounts will generally be light, though as much as 5-8 inches is possible in the higher elevations of the mountains. The system will also bring much colder air to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest beginning on Thurs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 7 km/h
- Barometer29.72 in (1005.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-7°C (19°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-7°C (19°F)
Current conditions at
Custer County Airport (KCUT)
Lat: 43.73 Lon: -103.62 Elev: 5600ft.
Hot Springs SD
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A slight chance of snow before 5am, then snow likely after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around -8. Northeast wind 21 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 32 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one centimeter possible.
- Thursday Snow likely with patchy blowing snow before 8am, then snow with patchy blowing snow between 8am and 5pm, then snow likely after 5pm. High near -8. Wind chill values between -14 and -20. Northeast wind 18 to 24 km/h, with gusts as high as 35 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 centimeters possible.
- Thursday Night Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -16. East wind 5 to 11 km/h becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near -5. Wind chill values between -12 and -21. West wind 8 to 18 km/h.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13. West wind around 8 km/h.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 1. West wind around 8 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Christmas Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 0.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Foot Hills, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE