Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNNE 3 MPH
- Barometer30.48 in (1036.2 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Boise Air Terminal (KBOI)
Lat: 43.56704 Lon: -116.24053 Elev: 2822ft.
2 Miles NW Garden City ID
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Calm wind.
- Thursday Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 31. Light and variable wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Light and variable wind.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Light west northwest wind. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Calm wind.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Treasure Valley, ID
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE