Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 3 G 6 MPH
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
LaPine (US 97 MP 167) (ODT62)
Lat: 43.67410 Lon: -121.50110 Elev: 4600ft.
15 Miles WNW La Pine OR
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 10 by 5pm. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -1. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Snow. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as -3. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming north in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -2. Wind chill values as low as -16. Northeast wind around 10 mph. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 14. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for East Slopes of the Oregon Cascades, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE