Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 19 km/h
- Barometer30.50 in
- Dewpoint-22°C (-8°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-27°C (-16°F)
Current conditions at
Mankato Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KMKT)
Lat: 44.23 Lon: -93.92 Elev: 1020ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny and cold, with a high near -16. Wind chill values as low as -25. West northwest wind around 15 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -25. Wind chill values as low as -33. West northwest wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Saturday Increasing clouds and cold, with a high near -15. Wind chill values as low as -34. West wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 km/h in the evening.
- Sunday Snow. High near -9. Southeast wind 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 centimeters possible.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17. East wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming west northwest 10 to 15 km/h after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 centimeters possible.
- Monday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -16. West northwest wind 20 to 25 km/h, with gusts as high as 40 km/h.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -19. Southwest wind 20 to 25 km/h.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -11. West northwest wind 25 to 30 km/h, with gusts as high as 50 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -22. West northwest wind 20 to 25 km/h decreasing to 10 to 15 km/h after midnight.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -12. West southwest wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -16. South southwest wind around 15 km/h.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near -5. South wind 15 to 20 km/h.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Blue Earth County, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE