Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.17 in (1022.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-6°C (21°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Eugene, Mahlon Sweet Field (KEUG)
Lat: 44.13333 Lon: -123.21444 Elev: 364ft.
5 Miles NNW Goshen OR
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Occasional flurries before 4am, then snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around -6. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near -2. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 10 km/h in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 centimeters possible.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around -9. Northeast wind 13 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 32 km/h. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near -3. North northeast wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -15. North wind 6 to 11 km/h becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 4.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Wednesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 8.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Willamette Valley, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE