Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.49 in (1034.5 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Barre / Montpelier, Knapp State Airport (KMPV)
Lat: 44.21 Lon: -72.57 Elev: 1126ft.
5 Miles WNW Warren VT
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 13. Wind chill values as low as -7. Breezy, with a south wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 19 to 24 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 30. Wind chill values as low as -8. Very windy, with a south wind 31 to 36 mph increasing to 39 to 44 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Wind chill values as low as -7. Very windy, with a southwest wind 36 to 41 mph increasing to 42 to 47 mph after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday Cloudy, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -12. Very windy, with a west wind 45 to 50 mph decreasing to 34 to 39 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 7. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16. West wind 15 to 18 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0. West wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 11. West wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 11. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE