Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 9 mph
- Barometer29.58 in (1003.2 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Barre / Montpelier, Knapp State Airport (KMPV)
Lat: 44.21°N Lon: 72.57°W Elev: 1126ft.
4 Miles SE Starksboro VT
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Light snow, mainly before 5am. Low around 26. Windy, with a southwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of light snow, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. West wind around 17 mph.
- Tuesday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Snow after 8am. High near 27. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Snow. Low around 2. Blustery, with a south wind 17 to 25 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
- Thursday Snow. High near 6. Windy, with a north wind 24 to 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Thursday Night Snow showers likely before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. Blustery, with a northwest wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. South wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. South wind around 16 mph.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Southwest wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 24. West wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 17. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE