Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.12 in (1021.8 mb)
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Barre / Montpelier, Knapp State Airport (KMPV)
Lat: 44.21 Lon: -72.57 Elev: 1126ft.
5 Miles WNW Waitsfield VT
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of freezing rain before 7am, then rain showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45. South wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Tonight Rain showers likely before 4am, then rain showers and sleet likely between 4am and 5am, then rain showers, snow showers, and sleet likely after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 34. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Rain and snow showers likely before noon, then a slight chance of rain showers between noon and 5pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind around 7 mph. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Southeast wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Monday Snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Southeast wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Night Snow showers, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE