Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.02 in
- Dewpoint-13°C (9°F)
Current conditions at
CW1893 Prineville Airpt. (C1893)
Lat: 44.28033 Lon: -120.90133 Elev: 3251ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13. Calm wind.
- Friday Snow likely, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near -7. Wind chill values as low as -20. North wind 13 to 18 km/h increasing to 21 to 26 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 42 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 centimeters possible.
- Friday Night Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18. North wind around 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 centimeters possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near -11. Wind chill values as low as -26. Northwest wind around 13 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -21. North wind 10 to 13 km/h becoming southeast in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near -6.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 0.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 1.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Wednesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 3.
- Wednesday Night Snow likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Thursday Snow likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 4.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Oregon, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE