Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 9 MPH
- Barometer30.31 in
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Newport, Newport Municipal Airport (KONP)
Lat: 44.58028 Lon: -124.05806 Elev: 161ft.
3 Miles NNW Newport OR
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 29. East northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 39. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Night Snow before 4am, then rain and snow. Low around 29. Light south southeast wind becoming east southeast 5 to 9 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Rain before 10am. High near 37. East northeast wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Northeast wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Wednesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Oregon Coast, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE