Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 5 MPH
- Barometer30.22 in (1023.4 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland International Airport (KPDX)
Lat: 45.59578 Lon: -122.60917 Elev: 20ft.
2 Miles SSW Portland OR
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Areas of freezing fog. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind.
- Thursday A chance of rain or freezing rain between 10am and 1pm, then rain. Areas of freezing fog before 10am. High near 39. South southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Showers. Low around 38. South wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 45. South southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Night Areas of fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Light and variable wind.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE