Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 23 G 31 MPH
- Barometer30.06 in (1017.9 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland International Airport (KPDX)
Lat: 45.59578 Lon: -122.60917 Elev: 20ft.
Lloyd Center OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with an east northeast wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with an east northeast wind 17 to 22 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Light east wind.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Light northeast wind.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Friday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE