Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.37 in
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility0.75 mi
Current conditions at
Pearson Airfield (KVUO)
Lat: 45.62103 Lon: -122.65419 Elev: 20ft.
4 Miles NNE Cedar Hills OR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Areas of dense freezing fog before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Light east wind.
- Tonight Patchy fog. Patchy freezing fog after 7pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Light east southeast wind.
- Thursday Rain likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain after 10am. Areas of fog before 10am. Areas of freezing fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 35. Light and variable wind becoming south 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Rain. Low around 35. South wind 6 to 15 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Calm wind.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Areas of fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.
- Saturday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE