Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Quartz Creek Bridge (US 26 MP 24.2) (ODT09)
Lat: 45.84190 Lon: -123.51849 Elev: 1150ft.
6 Miles WSW Necanicum OR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain. High near 44. South southwest wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Showers. Low around 43. Southwest wind 17 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Showers likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 45 by 10am, then falling to around 41 during the remainder of the day. South southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night A slight chance of showers before 10pm, then a slight chance of showers after 4am. Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Breezy.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Wednesday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coast Range of Northwest Oregon, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE