Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast with Haze
- Wind SpeedS 15 km/h
- Barometer30.14 in (1023.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-19°C (-3°F)
- Visibility8 km
- Wind Chill-23°C (-10°F)
Current conditions at
Fargo, Hector International Airport (KFAR)
Lat: 46.91 Lon: -96.8 Elev: 900ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near -16. South southwest wind 5 to 11 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 centimeters possible.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -24. Wind chill values as low as -36. South southwest wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming west northwest 19 to 24 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 km/h. New snow accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -18. Wind chill values as low as -36. West northwest wind 16 to 24 km/h becoming south southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 km/h.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow between 7pm and 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -21. Wind chill values as low as -30. South southwest wind 23 to 29 km/h becoming west northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 39 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -13. West northwest wind 18 to 27 km/h, with gusts as high as 37 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -25.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near -18.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -19.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near -11.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -11.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around -19.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -14.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ransom County, ND
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE