Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
4NM NW Seattle WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES OVER THE AREA WILL MAINTAIN A VERY WEAK OR FLAT
FLOW THROUGH SATURDAY. THIS WILL ALSO RESULT IN AREAS OF FOG WITH
VISIBILITIES OF 1 NM OR LESS. A WEAK COLD OR OCCLUDED FRONT WILL
MOVE ACROSS THE AREA ON SUNDAY FOR ONSHORE OR SOUTHERLY FLOW.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of dense fog before noon. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Areas of dense fog after 10pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday N wind around 8 kt. Areas of dense fog before noon. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night N wind 6 to 8 kt. A slight chance of rain after 10pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 8 to 12 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 12 to 20 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Monday S wind 12 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 11 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SSW wind 7 to 12 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE