Hazardous Weather Outlook product no longer displayed on national hazards map
NWS has made a change to the national hazard map, shown below, and will no longer be displaying the Hazardous Weather Outlook (HWO) product on the map. This change is intended to help users focus more quickly on the immediate impacts of hazards instead of those that are highlighted for the future. The Hazardous Weather Outlook will still be available on local Weather Forecast Office Web pages.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM WNW Seattle WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT WILL LIFT N ACROSS THE WATERS THIS EVENING.
THE TRAILING SURFACE LOW WILL DEEPEN TO NEAR 990 MB TONIGHT AND
TRACK INTO CENTRAL VANCOUVER ISLAND EARLY WED MORNING. ANOTHER
DEEP LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE WATERS LATE FRI
- Tonight S wind 12 to 17 kt increasing to 18 to 23 kt after midnight. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft building to 4 ft.
- Wednesday S wind 18 to 23 kt. Rain. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind 12 to 15 kt. Rain before midnight, then showers after midnight. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SSW wind around 16 kt. Showers likely. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind around 11 kt. Showers likely. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Friday S wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 14 to 16 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 9 to 12 kt. Showers likely. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE