Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
6NM WNW Seattle WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA VIGOROUS SYSTEM MOVING INTO AREA WATERS TUESDAY WILL
BRING A PERIOD OF STRONG NORTHWESTERLY WINDS OVER THE COASTAL
WATERS AND STRONG ONSHORE FLOW THROUGH THE STRAIT LATER TUESDAY
AFTERNOON AND OVERNIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE REGION
- Tonight NNE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Increasing clouds. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 7 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely after 11am. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 11 to 16 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday S wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 5 to 9 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday N wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night N wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday N wind around 8 kt. Sunny. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE