Rain Spreads Across the Eastern U.S. as Snow Moves Into the Great Lake States
Strong low pressure will move from the south to the Great Lake States Monday and Tuesday. A warm front will spread rain along the eastern seaboard while snow moves into the Great Lake States. Heavy snow is also expected across the northern Rocky Mountains and higher elevations of the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM WNW Seattle WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT PASSED ACROSS THE WATERS EARLIER THIS MORNING.
A SURGE OF ONSHORE FLOW IS UNDERWAY FOLLOWING THE FRONT...WITH
WESTERLY GALES LIKELY IN THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN STRAIT. HAZARDOUS
WEST SWELL WILL CONTINUE ALONG THE COAST. A WARM FRONT WILL LIFT NE
ACROSS THE WATERS MON NIGHT. THE FRONT WILL BECOME STATIONARY OVER
OR JUST TO THE NORTH OF THE WATERS MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
STRONG SOUTHWEST FLOW CAN BE EXPECTED TO THE SOUTH OF THIS FRONT.
- This Afternoon SW wind around 8 kt. Scattered showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight S wind 6 to 12 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 10pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind 12 to 14 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SW wind 15 to 17 kt. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SSW wind 11 to 20 kt. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 23 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday SSW wind 11 to 16 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind around 9 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE