Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 G 26 MPH
- Dewpoint-3°F (-19°C)
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 48.539444 Lon: -121.446111 Elev: 357ft.
12 Miles S Newhalem WA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -1. East wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 12. North northeast wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 3. Calm wind.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 18. Calm wind.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Calm wind.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slopes Northern Cascades and Passes, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE