Stormy weather expected for the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West
An impressive frontal system will continue moving through the Pacific Northwest and the Intermountain West and slowly make its way south. Behind it very cold Arctic air will follow. Higher elevation snow and moderate rainfall can be expected throughout these regions along with strong winds.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
57NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SOUTH INTO WESTERN WASHINGTON
TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY. FRASER RIVER OUTFLOW WILL DEVELOP BEHIND THE
FRONT LATE FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY PRODUCING STRONG NORTHEAST
WINDS OVER THE NORTHERN INLAND WATERS. OFFSHORE FLOW WILL PREVAIL
EARLY NEXT WEEK WITH HIGH PRES EAST OF THE CASCADES.
- Overnight WSW wind around 12 kt. Rain. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Friday WSW wind 11 to 13 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 10am. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind 23 to 32 kt, with gusts as high as 42 kt. A chance of rain before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow. Wind waves 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 29 to 31 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing. Wind waves around 5 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 15 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 31 kt. Clear. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday ENE wind 9 to 13 kt. Sunny. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 6 to 10 kt becoming ESE in the evening. Partly cloudy. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NE around 6 kt in the morning. Partly sunny. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE