Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
57NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM PDT THIS MORNING
- SynopsisA 995 MB LOW ASSOCIATED WITH AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT WILL
MOVE NE ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS TODAY. A 990 MB LOW WILL MOVE NE
ACROSS ASTORIA THIS AFTERNOON AND PUGET SOUND LATE THIS
AFTERNOON...WITH STRONG WEST TO SOUTHWEST FLOW BEHIND IT. A SURFACE
RIDGE WILL GRADUALLY BUILD INLAND TONIGHT AND SUNDAY. ANOTHER
VIGOROUS FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL AFFECT THE AREA MONDAY AND TUESDAY.
- Today NE wind 9 to 14 kt becoming SSE 21 to 26 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 34 kt. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft building to 4 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 19 to 24 kt becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 34 kt. Rain. Wind waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Showers likely. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSE wind 11 to 13 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 11am. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSE wind 14 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 31 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday SSE wind 19 to 24 kt decreasing to 12 to 17 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday S wind 5 to 11 kt. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE