Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. on Saturday
Another Pacific system will impact the West Coast today. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. Strong winds and heavy elevation snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
42NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA STRONG FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE REGION THROUGH
TONIGHT. STRONG ONSHORE FLOW SUNDAY WILL EASE BY MONDAY. ANOTHER
FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA LATE MONDAY OR TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon SSE wind around 28 kt, with gusts as high as 36 kt. Rain. Wind waves around 5 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 9 to 18 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Rain. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 12 to 19 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind 13 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Monday SW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. A slight chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind 5 to 11 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday S wind 11 to 16 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 5 to 7 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE