Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
58NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisONSHORE FLOW WILL CONTINUE TO WEAKEN THIS EVENING. A WARM
FRONT WILL LIFT NORTH THROUGH THE WATERS ON MON AND MON
NIGHT...LEADING TO INCREASING SOUTHERLY GRADIENTS. THE FRONT WILL
BECOME STATIONARY OVER OR JUST TO THE NORTH OF THE WATERS TUE
THROUGH WED. STRONG SW FLOW CAN BE EXPECTED TO THE SOUTH OF
- Tonight S wind 7 to 12 kt. A chance of showers before 4am. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSE wind 18 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. A chance of rain after 10am. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday Night S wind 11 to 16 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Rain. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N around 6 kt in the morning. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 5 to 8 kt. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 6 kt. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind 7 to 12 kt becoming SSE 14 to 19 kt in the evening. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less building to 3 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day S wind around 18 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night WSW wind around 14 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE