Severe weather possible for parts of central, northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central and northern Plains, from northeastern Nebraska across parts of eastern and northern South Dakota. Large hail will be the main risk, though a tornado or two is possible, as well.
58NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA 1027 MB HIGH OVER THE OFFSHORE WATERS WITH LOWER PRES
INLAND WILL RESULT IN ONSHORE OR WESTERLY FLOW THROUGH WED. THE FLOW
WILL BECOME LIGHT WED NIGHT AND THU AS THE HIGH WEAKENS AND MOVES
OVER WESTERN WASHINGTON. A WARM FRONT WILL BRUSH THE AREA LATE IN
- Today SSW wind 6 to 8 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind around 6 kt. A slight chance of showers after 11pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of fog after 11pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of fog before 11am. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 11pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSE wind around 6 kt. A chance of rain. Patchy fog before 11am. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSE wind 6 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE