Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
58NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA VIGOROUS SYSTEM MOVING INTO AREA WATERS TUESDAY WILL BRING A
PERIOD OF STRONG NORTHWESTERLY WINDS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS AND
STRONG ONSHORE FLOW THROUGH THE STRAIT LATER TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND
OVERNIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE REGION BY THU.
- Overnight SW wind around 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 7 to 14 kt becoming SSE in the morning. Rain, mainly after 11am. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 11 to 16 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday WNW wind 8 to 13 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 7 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind around 9 kt. Sunny. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE