Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
An active weather pattern will continue across the Pacific Northwest on Friday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in another inch or two of rain across the region. Meanwhile, the coastal storm making its way up the Northeast coast will finally begin to pull away on Friday, but heavy rain is still possible through Friday morning in parts of New England.
58NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisTHE FLOW WILL WEAKEN AND BECOME MORE EASTERLY
OVERNIGHT DUE TO FALLING PRES OVER THE EASTERN PACIFIC. OFFSHORE
FLOW WILL PREVAIL ON FRI AND WILL GRADUALLY STRENGTHEN IN RESPONSE
TO A 990 MB LOW APPROACHING FROM THE SW. THIS LOW IS EXPECTED TO
WEAKEN TO 993 MB AS IT MOVES ACROSS THE WASHINGTON COASTAL WATERS
ON SATURDAY. GALE FORCE WINDS ARE POSSIBLE OVER PARTS OF THE AREA
SATURDAY AHEAD OF AND BEHIND THE COLD OR OCCLUDED FRONT.
- Overnight SE wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers before 11am. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind 5 to 7 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 11pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNE wind 13 to 18 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Rain. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 9 to 19 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Rain. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SE wind 6 to 11 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind 11 to 17 kt. Rain likely. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE