Heavy rain forecast for Pacific Northwest this week
A cold front moving onshore along the Pacific Northwest and northern California coast will bring heavy rain to the region through the first part of the week. A second cold front expected to move onshore by late Tuesday, bringing additional rain and higher-elevation snow to the region.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
58NM NNE Port Angeles WA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TUESDAY
- SynopsisA WEAK SURFACE TROUGH WILL PASS THROUGH THE COASTAL
WATERS TODAY. ANOTHER STRONGER LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL AFFECT
THE WATERS LATE TUE AND TUE NIGHT. ADDITIONAL FRONTAL SYSTEMS WILL
MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS MID TO LATE WEEK.
- This Afternoon SSE wind 7 to 10 kt. Showers likely. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 6 to 11 kt after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SSE wind 12 to 16 kt. A chance of rain. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 19 to 24 kt increasing to 27 to 32 kt in the evening. Rain. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 6 to 11 kt. Rain. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday S wind 5 to 13 kt. Rain. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 7 kt after midnight. Showers likely. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Showers likely. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE