We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We've shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
424NM NW Adak AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:35 am ST Sep 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am ST Sep 20, 2014-6pm ST Sep 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE IN THE WESTERN BERING SEA WILL MOVE INTO THE EASTERN
BERING SAT AFTERNOON AND PERSIST THERE THROUGH SUN. A 970 MB LOW
NEAR 51N 160E WILL MOVE TO 57N 168E AT 981 MB SAT AFTERNOON AND
THEN TO 56N 172E AT 990 MB SUN AFTERNOON.
- Today SSE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain, mainly after 3pm. Patchy fog. Seas 4 ft building to 8 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 9 ft building to 12 ft.
- Sunday SE wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain likely. Patchy fog. Seas 11 to 12 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 20 to 25 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 9pm. Patchy fog before 3am. Seas 11 to 12 ft.
- Monday S wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 8 to 10 ft.
- Monday Night SSE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 7 to 9 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE