Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
424NM NW Adak AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:21 am ST Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am ST Oct 31, 2014-6pm ST Nov 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 972 MB LOW NEAR 55N 179W MOVES TO 56N 168W AT 967 MB FRI
EVENING. THIS LOW THEN MOVES TO 57N 163W AT 978 MB SAT AFTERNOON.
- Today NW wind around 25 kt. Showers. Seas 12 to 13 ft.
- Tonight N wind around 20 kt. Rain showers before 3am, then scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 15 to 17 ft.
- Saturday N wind around 20 kt. Scattered snow showers before 9am, then scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 15 to 17 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 25 to 30 kt. Scattered rain and snow showers before 3am. Seas 12 to 14 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind around 30 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 12 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 25 to 30 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 10 to 12 ft.
- Monday NW wind 15 to 25 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas 8 to 10 ft.
- Monday Night WSW wind 15 to 20 kt becoming S 20 to 25 kt after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 6 to 8 ft.
- Tuesday S wind 25 to 30 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 6 ft building to 13 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE