Unsettled weather forecast across eastern U.S.
A storm system moving across the Great Lakes will bring unsettled weather to parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with widespread rain is expected across much of the Northeast. Snow is likely across Wisconsin and the western Great Lakes. Snow is also expected across the central and northern Rockies Monday into Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
424NM NW Adak AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 2:20 pm ST Nov 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm ST Nov 24, 2014-6pm ST Nov 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 997 MB LOW NEAR 55N 155W WEAKENS TO 1012 MB MON NIGHT AS IT
MOVES INTO THE CENTRAL GULF OF ALASKA. A 981 MB LOW NEAR 54N 167E
TONIGHT STRENGTHENS TO 970 MB WHILE REMAINING NEARLY STATIONARY
THROUGH MON NIGHT...THEN MOVES NORTH TO 58N 168E WHILE WEAKENING
TO 984 MB TUE NIGHT. A NORTH PACIFIC 982 MB LOW MOVES NORTHEAST
TO 50N 176E TUE NIGHT.
- This Afternoon ESE wind around 40 kt, with gusts as high as 50 kt. Rain and snow. Seas around 13 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind 35 to 40 kt becoming S 30 to 35 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 50 kt. Rain and snow. Seas 13 to 15 ft.
- Tuesday S wind around 30 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain and snow, mainly before 3pm. Seas 13 to 15 ft.
- Tuesday Night S wind around 30 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 15 to 16 ft.
- Wednesday S wind 25 to 30 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Rain and snow likely, mainly after 3pm. Seas 16 ft subsiding to 13 ft.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind 25 to 30 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas 12 to 13 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NE wind 20 to 25 kt. Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 3pm. Seas around 11 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind 20 to 25 kt becoming N after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 11 to 13 ft.
- Friday NNW wind 20 to 25 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 11 to 13 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE