Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
206NM N Kiska AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:20 pm AKST Jan 30, 2015
Forecast Valid: 11pm AKST Jan 30, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 6, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL BERING SEA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH SUN. A 1003 MB LOW NEAR 51N 166E WILL MOVE TO 60N
168E AT 1013 MB SAT AFTERNOON. A FRONT FROM THE NORTH PACIFIC
WILL APPROACH THE ALASKA PENINSULA FRI NIGHT AND SLOWLY WEAKEN ON
- Overnight SE wind around 20 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 7 ft.
- Saturday SSE wind 5 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 7 to 9 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Sunday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 7 to 8 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
- Monday NNE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Tuesday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 7 to 9 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 11 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE