Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
424NM NW Adak AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:29 pm ST Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11pm ST Sep 2, 2014-6pm ST Sep 9, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE SOUTHERN BERING SEA THROUGH
EARLY THU MORNING. A 1010 MB LOW DEVELOPS NEAR 52N 161W WED
MORNING AND WEAKENS INTO A TROUGH AS IT MOVES NE WED EVENING.
- Overnight SSW wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers before 3am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of showers after 3pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night N wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE