Hazardous Weather Outlook product no longer displayed on national hazards map
NWS has made a change to the national hazard map, shown below, and will no longer be displaying the Hazardous Weather Outlook (HWO) product on the map. This change is intended to help users focus more quickly on the immediate impacts of hazards instead of those that are highlighted for the future. The Hazardous Weather Outlook will still be available on local Weather Forecast Office Web pages.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
424NM NW Adak AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:20 pm ST Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm ST Oct 21, 2014-6pm ST Oct 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 990 MB LOW OVER BRISTOL BAY WILL WEAKEN TUE NIGHT. A WEATHER
FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE WESTERN BERING TUE EVENING...THEN MOVE
INTO THE CENTRAL BERING BY LATE WED NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE
WESTERN BERING WILL MOVE INTO THE EASTERN BERING BY LATE WED
- This Afternoon NW wind around 20 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 8 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Scattered showers before 9pm. Seas 6 to 8 ft.
- Wednesday SSW wind 10 to 20 kt. A chance of rain after 9am. Patchy fog after 3pm. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 25 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 50 kt. A chance of rain. Patchy fog before 9pm. Seas 8 ft building to 13 ft.
- Thursday SSW wind 25 to 35 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 50 kt. Rain, mainly after 9am. Seas 13 to 14 ft.
- Thursday Night WSW wind 20 to 25 kt. Rain before 9pm. Seas 10 to 12 ft.
- Friday WSW wind around 20 kt. Scattered showers between 9am and 3pm. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind 20 to 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Saturday WSW wind around 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 9 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE