Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
424NM NW Adak AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:27 am ST Aug 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am ST Aug 21, 2014-6pm ST Aug 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1002 MB LOW NEAR 53N 175E WILL DRIFT TO NEAR 50N 180 AT 1010 MB
FRI AFTERNOON. HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE EASTERN BERING SEA WILL
WEAKEN ON FRI.
- Today ESE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Areas of fog. Seas 7 to 8 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Patchy fog. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 9am. Areas of fog. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Patchy fog. Seas around 5 ft.
- Saturday NE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 3pm. Patchy fog. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 3am. Patchy fog before 3am. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 5 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 15 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Monday WSW wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE