Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNE 21 G 29 mph
- Barometer29.94 in (1015.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°F (-24°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-18°F (-28°C)
Current conditions at
Fairbanks International Airport (PAFA)
Lat: 64.82 Lon: -147.87 Elev: 436ft.
2 Miles NW Broadmoor AK
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near -6. Northeast wind around 15 mph.
- Tonight Scattered light snow showers after 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around -26. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Scattered light snow showers before 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near -12. Wind chill values as low as -45. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -23. North wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -6. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -8.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -14.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -20.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -20.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -16.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Middle Tanana Valley, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE