Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer29.49 in (998.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-20°F (-29°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill-31°F (-35°C)
Current conditions at
Barrow/Wiley Post (PABR)
Lat: 71.29°N Lon: 156.77°W Elev: 31ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Scattered snow showers before 10am, then light snow showers after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near -8. Wind chill values as low as -45. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tonight Light snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around -15. East wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Light snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -5. East wind around 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10. East wind 15 to 25 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 2. Northeast wind 20 to 25 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -2.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -5.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -6.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Arctic Coast, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE